Monday, March 19, 2012

Blog #3: Today's News Source

Though I don't ever find myself sitting in front of the television set and "catchin the news", nor do I find the time to enjoy a "news"paper over the breakfast table, I do however try to stay up to date with the use of a couple different websites.  I can't say that I have one in particular as a daily newssource, but at least in logging into my Yahoo! messenger, I'm greeted with an ever-updating reel of current stories in circulation.  Through the use of Yahoo! News I'm able to have a well-formatted, easily accesible page to news from local and national to worldwide with good reliability.  And though still trailing behind msnbc.com as the top news source online, it's still ahead of CNN according to Nielsen/NetRatings.  There are other sources of news which are slighly more biased on what news they put more focus on but are gaining popularity and in some cases influence.  "America's Finest News Source" and Alex Jones INFOWARS are two of my favorites. 
In my opinion, there's too much news and if more time was spent honoring Jesus' 2nd commandment, according to Mark 12:31 and Matthew 22:39(aka, The Golden Rule), instead of concerning ourselves with affairs from afar, much more peace would be found internally-which is where it all starts.  ::Think-this lil' light of mine...::

No comments:

Post a Comment